Geneca is a custom software development firm dedicated to the predictable delivery of software. Whether we’re building a new application or making a current system work better, our approach to software development keeps us connected to every aspect of your business needs. We’ve made it our mission to align the needs of the business with the challenges of IT. While everyone talks about the value of alignment, our Getting Predictable methodology has raised the bar on getting the business and IT on the same side of the table.
Today we are looking for a Software Project Manager/Business Analyst who can add leadership to our delivery teams and help drive our projects through completion. Qualified candidates will have the following skills/abilities:
As a Software Project Manager you will:
- Create project plans and understand how to revise appropriately to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Lead a team to collaborate on task creation and execution.
- Work with and or adapt to multiple project methodologies (e.g. Agile, Rational, Waterfall)
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Understand how to mitigate exposure and risk on project.
- Mentor those with less experience.
- Have proven experience as a leader with the ability to influence others
- Have experience communicating project information as well as difficult/sensitive information to senior and C-level management.
- Focus your ability to navigate between the interests of the client and the interests of the firm (Geneca).
- Resolve and/or escalate issues appropriately and in a timely fashion.
- Possess general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Demonstrate familiarity with multiple technology platforms (e.g. mobile, cloud, Internet, Intranet, Extranet, SaaS).
- Show an aptitude and an understanding for the need to show appreciation for each team member’s contributions.
- Motivate teams to work together
As a Business Analyst you will:
- Participate in all phases of the systems development life cycle to support the delivery of a multi-tier custom software application.
- Document requirements with Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and UI Specification documents.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Help design systems to support ‘to be’ business practices
- Closely interact with all stakeholders to determine requirements for new projects and enhancements and translate the requirements into functional requirements/specifications.
- Perform and coordinate the analysis and design of business systems.
- Consult with the business units to develop the business scenarios.
- Conducts and leads Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with business teams.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the needs of the customer from both a technical and business perspective.
- Work closely with clients to capture business requirements and see them through implementation.
- Assist testing team to ensure requirements can be easily understood and that comprehensive testing scenarios have been identified.
If you have the talent, the experience, and are passionate about making great software and delivering great business outcomes, apply now!